3/19/2006

Man Passes Rubik's Cube! Full Story On Page 5!

See, look at this.

Bass players either have no facial expressions whatsoever, or far too much facial expression, as in the case of Mr. Jason Newsted (pictured at left making a poopie).

Honestly, I don't care how hard you can ride the lightning (this is clever because it's a metallica album and this guy played for them until they fired him and got Ozzy's bassist instead), there's no need to make a face that can only have ben induced by severe rectal discomfort.

I have this picture because they've unveiled the band for Rock Star Season 2. It's called Supernova, a name that has gone unused for so long since its invention (in the 50's) because it is so entirely lame. Honestly, if it was any good, don't you think somebody would have used it by now?

I don't mean to bitch and shit all over somebody else's hard work... much.

So the band is Tommy Lee, who I thought nobody cared about any more after he went to college and joined the navy and had christmas and got scared stupid, and the aforementioned melon-passer, and a guy that apparently was in Guns 'N Roses. Now, I don't know much, but if your name's not Axl, and it's not Slash, how the fuck are we supposed to know if you were ever in G'N'R? And he was, apparently, but wasn't good enough to hang around for Velvet Rovolver. And then some singer.

I liked the rumours better. It was supposed to be either Queen or Van Halen looking for a singer... which was funny because there isn't a single person who could fill the shoes of any of the original singers (or Hagar). Ask Paul Rodgers and Gary Cherone, who both had popular bands before.

Meh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Brilliant title and amazing post dude! I would use some internet english here but we both hate it. So I'll just quote Mr. Foley and say, "HEH HEH HEH HEH"!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

I think your last sentence sums it up perfectly

4:04 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

Wait! You were making fun of bass players

8:55 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Hehe, that made my day!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

P.S. I wonder if anyone else got the 'Axl' reference.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Junk in the Trunk said...

Oh - do I get a cookie, or a hero biscuit, or something?

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home